Friday, October 2, 2015

Potty Training Success!

I have been meaning to post this for about a month or so but just been to lazy to do it. My 3 year old is officially potty trained. At first I thought it might take even longer then what I expected but something just clicked one day with her and she went to her potty every single time. It's like a big relief has been lifted off of my shoulders. Finally I can stop purchasing pull ups and just stick with the undies. I have been able to take her anywhere I need to go and she has kept herself dry at all times. She has only had a few accidents and they all happened at home. But if we go anywhere we make her use the potty before we leave the house.

When she first turned 2 that is when we introduced her to her potty chair. She was showing the signs of being ready. It took awhile then she finally started using the potty once in awhile. Then we went through a dry spell where she didn't want anything to do with it so I didn't push it. Finally we got her back on track but she got lazy and would just get frustrated if we told her to go potty. Then finally a few months before she turned 3 something happened and she would say "Oh! I gotta potty" then run to her potty. I think because I made her walk around the house with no pull ups she realized she didn't want to wet herself.  A bigger surprise is that nighttime was a breeze. So parents keep your head up and don't give up. It can be done! I can proudly now say that I am completely done with diapers and pull ups for the rest of my life lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment