Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Motions and Moments: More Essays on Tokyo

I did a bit of light reading over the past few weeks and I must say it was a pretty good read. In my opinion if a book can catch my attention within the first chapter or two then I know it will be good. Have you ever wanted to hear a first hand experience about another country, or lets say Tokyo as a example? If so I have the book for you to check out that was funny but yet very helpful. It gave me great insight into a whole another world I do not get to see. It's called "Motions and Moments: More Essays on Tokyo.

I'm sure you are probably thinking what could be so great about that book. Well I can assure you that the way the author places himself there you will understand. Each chapter was covering over things like day to day life like food, social settings and even down to their temples and beds. I found it enjoyable how he mentions most of the culture didn't understand American slangs but yet would wear funny catch phrase shirts. Or how lack of space there is and having to learn a new way of life without so much belongings and coordinating carrying on bicycles. The author made it funny by using his personal experience from it all then just quoting random facts. This is all real life so it makes you more interested. The more I read the more I seem to really get a feel for the culture. I typically do not read Essays or anything talking about culture but this really grabbed my attention. It grabbed my attention in ways to keep me reading so I personally do not see any flaws with the book.

If you would like to find more information about the book or to purchase please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment