Saturday, July 11, 2015

Tips from the Nanny

Hey everyone!

I'm Suzie and I have been a nanny for over 8 years now. I love my job and sometimes it can get a bit hard at times especially on the days where kids don't have school and you need to figure out what to do to get their energy out. I'm all for having the kids choose activities most of the time; however, if there are more than one child in your care it can get kinda hard and frustrating when one kid wants to do one activity and the other wants to do something else. Now in this case, I use both activities of course in one day however, picking which activity to do first can be the trickiest and hardest part because I don't want the kids to think I'm choosing favorites or that one of their ideas is better than the other. One great way to plan out fun things to do is to write down ideas on a beach ball and throw it to the kids, whatever activity their left finger lands on (or any finger on any hand for that matter) that's the activity that will be done first and we just keep on doing it until the day is planned. The great thing about this - is that you can pretty much use this ball idea for anything…from deciding on activity like I mentioned, to what to have for dinner and much more! I hope this is helpful to some of you! 

Thank you for reading and a big Thank you to Jessica for letting me be a guest blog!

Suzie 

No comments:

Post a Comment